My Visitors

Thursday 10 October 2013

Experimenting with mosaics

While brainstorming for my real big project (eventually the tree) I started playing around with buttons. I was just going to test out the glue and grout. While making my design, which turned out to be a rainbow I decided to make it a mini project. I got a glass candle holder from home and decided to glue the buttons on the exterior all the way around. It turned out to be very easy and the glue worked very well. When I finished I thought about grouting, I mixed a small amount of white grout. However I found I couldn't get the right consistency, it was either too chalky or thin. I decided not to grout for the fear of ruining my project. It also seemed unnecessary due to the fact that the holes were very small and the glue was already white. 

No comments:

Post a Comment