My Visitors

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Cross curricular final product

I changed ideas for my cross curricular. I stuck with the idea of animals, but went for a more simpler and detailed approach. Biology is my favourite subject in school, I also have a love for animals so I decided on a butterfly. I actually began doodling one day during a student senate meeting and came up with the idea some what based on pointillism. However, instead of dots I used music notes. The music notes also tied into this project because I have been playing piano ever since the age of six, and recently I have taken to teaching young kids. Obviously music is a very large part of my life so I enjoyed incorporating it into this project. Here is a look at my rough doodle and a close up:


After deciding to continue with this idea I researched simple butterfly designs that could offer some possible inspiration. The first I came across was a monarch design. The lines in the top half of the wings were actually incorporated into my design.


I chose my materials wisely. I have recently been using felt tip pens, and decided it would be a good fit for this project. I then decided to go for a black and white look with a blank white background to make the music notes pop.






In order to do this effect of fading on the notes I made them smaller and farther apart.



At first I was confused on what to do with the bottom I was actually considering leaving it as is, but in the end I thought I'd would look better filled.




Final product:


I am super happy with my final product. This project tested my patience, but I am happy I persevered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment