My Visitors

Sunday 1 December 2013

Calligraphy

I first started practicing calligraphy a week ago. It was very difficult at first but I used my time wisely and practiced. Keep your hand the right angle was hard for me and the detailed letters looked some what messy. I practiced different forms until I got comfortable. 
Once I was confident I decided to make a project out of it. I took a regular piece of blank white paper and dyed it using tea. 
You had to be careful to not rip the paper an be very delicate. 
I dried it using a hair blow dryer and crumpled it to make it look more aged. I still thought it could be darker so I dyed it once more to add to the effect. Once I was happy with the product I began to write using ink and a writing tool. I accidentally made two spelling mistakes and was unable to start over. I enjoy doing calligraphy because it makes me focus and have a lot of patience. I am very happy with the final product and this has been one of my more enjoyable projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment