My Visitors

Sunday 1 December 2013

Grouting


Once I finished gluing it was time to move onto grouting so I did alittle tester one. I Glued a couple of left over pieces on scrap wood and the next did mixed a small amount of grout. I experimented with consistencies until I found one that worked the best. However, the grout looked a little crumby but I still moved on. I did the lower half first the grout came out the same as on my tester. I just did small portions at first learning as I went. By the time I reached the second half o my lower half I realized the grout dryed smoother if you let sit for about 10 minutes, no longer though or else it was too hard to scrape off. Even though you had to apply more pressure when removing the grout from on top of the tiles it looked much better and was worth it. I also found it was hard to remove the grout from tiles with texture and had yet to find a solution that would save me time . I re- grouted my first bumpy Half to make the whole lower section smooth. I re-grouted a lot of places even though it was time consuming two coats looked better in the long run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment