My Visitors

Sunday 1 December 2013

Drawing

I have always enjoyed drawing, more specifically shading. I was excited to do my section of the portrait and chose one of the more difficult pieces to draw: the eyeball. I made a to-scale grid on my strip and the picture which made the proportions much easier to draw. I used Kleenex mostly to smudge and just a regular HB2 pencil. Sometimes it's easier to use simpler drawing tools. The pencil worked great as long as it was sharpened. Overall, I didn't find the task too challenging. I did find out it looked better and more realistic from greater distances. This project helped me realize what impact your perception of an art piece can have. 
Up close you can still see some grid lines, as much as I tried they were still visible.
From far away:

No comments:

Post a Comment