My Visitors

Thursday 6 November 2014

#AskACuratorDay

Awhile back my art class celebrated ask a curator day. It was an opportunity to tweet question to curators from museums all over the world. A curator is a person responsible for the collection, art pieces, preservation of historic pieces, and displaying. They also might over see fundraising or be the museum director. For this specific project I chose to ask a Canadian museum is there was any preference of Canadian artist over international artist to have their works displayed. Sadly I did not get a response. However, I did learn plenty of useful information which related to our contemporary vs. traditional project. Mrs.Rose tweeted Johannes Burg for example and they actually responded with pictures of traditional, and contemporary pieces that were in their museum. Overall, it was a great learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment