My Visitors

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Renaissance post card progress

I started my post card today. Rather then copying an exact painting, or an artist style, and colour palette I chose to draw the architecture. During the renaissance many beautiful buildings were built, and painted. I found a photo online of a sketch or a building showing key architecture features that were created during the Renaissance. Here is the photo: 
I enjoy using my sketching abilities, which I haven't In a while, so I thought I would draw rather then paint. I sketched the building free-hand. I thought if the proportions were off it would add a modern effect. Here is my beginning sketch: 
Then I had to decide where to go next. To continue with the pencil and shade, or use a black pen? I decided on tracing with a black pen over the existing pencil lines. 
I enjoy the way it turned out considering I only did it in one period. Tomorrow I am going to add a more realistic effect by shading. I'm not sure if I will continue with the pen or a pencil. I have asked a couple class mates and they have suggested pen. However, I'm worrying the shading will be too prominent and take away from the building itself. Using a pencil however might look odd with the shift from materials. Perhaps I will experiment tomorrow than make my decision! They will be sent out on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment