My Visitors

Thursday 8 January 2015

Introduction To Culminating

Earlier this week, we received a package containing many awesome goods. The first is Japanese snacks. I noticed many of them contained green tea which is obviously quite popular in Japan. I enjoyed some of the snacks however, because of the language barrier I'm not sure what the snacks are called.  One of the snacks which I knew of was a KitKat except instead of regular milk chocolate it was green tea. This was one of my favourite snacks. They also sent small origami cranes, which I have seen made by a fellow classmate, but on a much larger size. This gave me a chance to see how much Japanese and Canadian culture cross one another.


Hopefully, now we can send them a package as well containing some items of Canadian culture. Some ideas I had were recipes on how to make poutine and other Canadian classics such as elephants ears. We could also send Kraft dinner, smarties, mini hockey sticks, and pictures of Canada.

In the package we also received our mural which we are both doing. On their side they have stuck to traditional elements of the Japanese culture. This includes cherry blossom trees and kimonas. I have a few ideas for what we should include on our side. The first is that we should counteract their painting with traditional Canadian elements. My favourite idea would be to have a frozen lake which includes people playing ice hockey, ice fishing , and snow machining in the background. We could also include teepee's and totem poles.

Can't wait to see how everything turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment