My Visitors

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Giving Back Project

For my giving back project I have decided to collaborate with a fellow class mate. To stay in the Christmas theme we have decided to decorate gingerbread men. I first got the idea from Hanna's blog, I just wanted to bake and decorate gingerbread to share in the main office. I thought it would be an easy was to make students happy and spread Christmas cheer.

At first, we did not realize how many ingredients were needed or how many days the task required. The first thing we had to do was find a good recipe. Luckily, our teacher already had one. We had two recipes; one for plain gingerbread mix, and one for gingerbread men. We then found all the ingredients which were already available to us thanks to the foods room. The following day we took a trip to the local grocery store to find the remaining items.

After the initial process was complete we then began mixing. However, we had to store the mix over the weekend because we did not have enough time to cook them. When we arrived on the Monday the mix had hardened so we added a couple eggs to moisten it once again. Next we rolled out the mix and cut out gingerbread men and Christmas trees. I believe this part took the longest as we were rushing to fit them all in the oven before the period finished. The next day the cookies were decorated, and they were handed out on the last day of school. From what I have heard all the cookies were eaten by kids in the school. I really hope I brightened someones day with Christmas cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment