My Visitors

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Grade 11 Interests

Mrs. Rose (my teacher) explained to us we will be taking the lead on our own projects with minimal guidance from herself this year. So with this new found freedom my creative wheels have been turning. Recently I've had a lot of interest in pottery. This is a project that I really want to attempt this year. I've never worked with clay or pottery making before. It's something completely different then I am used to and the materials are brand new to me. I'm thinking that I should research era's of pottery design and base it off of a time period or countries pottery concepts. I would also love to do a collection of pottery pieces once I have researched, and experimented with my materials. Another skill I am looking to strengthen is my sketching, and painting abilities. I have very little experience with portraits sketching and painting wise and I would love to experiment. I plan to research new painting styles and then attempt the one which is most appealing and beneficial to me in order to grow as an artist. Perhaps my new research assignment on comparing contemporary and traditional art will help give me more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment