My Visitors

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Pottery

Last Friday, I experimented with pottery. It was harder then I had expected. Pieces that interested me to start trying pottery are:



You have to always have a steady hand! Also, especially remember to keep putting your hands in the water to keep lubrication. I made both these mistakes and the result was very damaging to the pot. I was trying to make a pot with a larger base and a smaller top however, that is very hard! As soon as I began I regretted such a complicated design for my first try with the pottery wheel. Finally, I came to the conclusion that the pottery wheel session would the classified as "experimenting" because no final product ever came about. The biggest problem that kept occurring to me was the pot either the sides being uneven or the clay cracking. I figured if I couldn't be satisfied in the final product there was no use in wasting the clay. All in all I was happy I tried out the wheel, and next time I have decided to try to make small cups. These are some ideas: 


No comments:

Post a Comment