My Visitors

Wednesday 10 September 2014

#niprockart

I started doing my nip-rock are branding project. I first sketched a quick design trying out fonts and different ways I could make it look unique. Ways I did this was by changing the I in "nip" to a paint brush to tie in the the art theme. To have a school spirit sense I decided to add a moose (our school mascot). However, I had trouble deciding on what type of moose and where to place it. I didn't know if I should do an exact replica of our mascot, which is angry and intimidating, or a classic cartoon. In the end I googled possible choices a settled on a cartoon head. I thought it looked better with the whole design and the look I was going for. I started to draw the outline on the canvas. At first i tried to measure out all the letters and make them identical sizes, but I didn't seem to be satisfied with how it was looking. I found that I liked it much more when the letters were slanted and slightly wobbled. Doing the preliminary was hard for me because I had spacing issues. I had originally planned to substitute the "o" in Rock for the moose head. However, there was not enough room for the head so I decided on putting it underneath the first row of font with "art" instead. Another change I made was putting art in another font and a bolder paint colour than nip-rock to make it stand out. I will post pictures and post about how the painting process turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment